General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to install new airbags?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:02 AM
BigStun
Unregistered
Default How to install new airbags?

I am buying a 2000 accord that has been in a wreck before and no longer has airbags. How hard is it to install new airbags? I know they cost around $500 on ebay...and they look like you just hook up some wires and that's about it. Anyone have experience doing it?

Old 12-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: How to install new airbags?

replacing air bags is no big deal but what i would be concerned about is that you might have to buy sensors and srs control unit as well

Old 12-25-2005, 04:44 AM
BigStun
Unregistered

damn, that didn't even cross my mind...most of the auctions on ebay include the srs unit. Can't find anything about sensors...perhaps the srs unit is the sensor? Anyone have experience with replacing their airbags?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: BigStun

damn, that didn't even cross my mind...most of the auctions on ebay include the srs unit. Can't find anything about sensors...perhaps the srs unit is the sensor? Anyone have experience with replacing their airbags?
I had to re-do the airbag system of my 98 accord, all i needed was the srs unit, airbags and clock spring. I didnt have to replace the sensors because they were still intact and working, the car hit was not so bad so didnt causa any damage to it.

if you have more info about replacing please let me know adbraz@gmail.com

Old 09-25-2006, 08:58 PM

I was just looking through my manual for my 94 and all the test/troubleshooting/repair info is in there.... It looks like more than anything it just has to be tested.... I'd just get a new airbag and hook it up (properly) and if the SRS light goes off then great, if not then start searching, you already own the car so there's not much you can do besides fix it... Start with the parts that you're going to have to purchase anyway and go from there, if you know for a fact that something is missing or bad start there since you'll end up doing it anyway