General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydraulic clutch blues!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
vdabis
Unregistered
Default Hydraulic clutch blues!!

I need advice badly!! Its been awhile troubleshooting my hydraulic clutch on my 1990 Accord that was converted from an Auto to standard. The car was sitting for a couple of years so this is what I've done so far: replaced master,dampner,rubber hose (washers as well)between dampner and connection on trans, hard line from connection on trans to slave and slave! The only item I haven't replaced is the hardline from the master to the dampner! It looks fine, no cracks.I have read many ways to bleed the system but the pedal remains on the floor! I have inspected the flares on the end of thehardlines and tightened and retightened all connections. It does not appear to be leaking anywhere. What is the proper sequence to bleeding the system and how do I check if there are leaks at the connections? Does Honda require a special Brake fluid in this system? Thanks for any help at this time!!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Default RE: Hydraulic clutch blues!!

go to this website and download the manual for a 91 (should be the same), go to section 7-4 and from there will be all the diagrams and instrucitons for the clutch that you need.... Sounds like either an adjustment issue or a broken cable

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/