General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:13 PM
sarita9918
Unregistered
Default I need advice

I have a 1991 Accord LX 2.2L 4-Door. There are a couple of things going on that I need some advice on. First, my gas guage has started to shoot up past the full line when it gets hot outside (doesn't happen when it's cold), or if I drive it for a while at higher speeds. I was wondering what might be causing this. Second, my speed sensor is going out at random times while I'm driving, and when it happens my check engine light comes on. I was wondering if the check engine light is coming on because the speed sensor is going out, or if it is probably something else wrong. Anyone who might be able to shed some light and tell me what I need to do to fix these issues, please do.

Thank you.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Unregistered
Default RE: I need advice

well first of all... everyones fuel gauge is retarded... mine says empty when i have 5 gallons in it ... my 2000 chevy van's is all screwed up... all fuel gauges are cheaply made.... second ... to get to the speed sensor you must take off i believe the passenger wheel and right behind the rotor there are tons of notches... and there is a little nipple down there that touches the notches... this could be loose and that will cause it to touch sometimes and then when it comes off your going 50mph and your speedometer is telling you your at a dead stop..... and im not too sure about your check engine light... that could be anything really... take that to a shop... and if i can i'll try to get some pics of the hub for you...