General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I need to arm or enable the factory alarm for 98 Accord Ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Default I need to arm or enable the factory alarm for 98 Accord Ex

I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex and I just program the remotes to work with the car alarm. For now it works as a keyless entry system. I know the this car is equipped with a factory alarm. There is a LED red light at the side of the door. When I lock all the doors with the remote and I open the door with disarming or unlocking. The honks and lights does not flash. How do I turn on the factory alarm or where can I look to troubleshoot this

Old 10-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: I need to arm or enable the factory alarm for 98 Accord Ex

If you press the remote lock button twice does the horn sound?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM

yeah what Chiovnidca said.... press lock button twice and horn should sound a shor beep or in my case a beep sound from a pizeo electric device.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:38 AM

has it ever worked before, also, when u lock everything does the led blink?..
i have a 98 accord i jsut recently bought..i too am a noob but i had some experiences that may help.
..from my understanding, if its the built in security, it should activate by itself once everything is locked, and the led should start blinking but there is absoloutely no honking nor do the head lights or side lamps flash... the led is the only indication.
IF the led DOES blink, u can test it by using the physical key to unlock the passenger door FIRST...not the keyless.
My car starts honking as soon as i unlock the passenger door first.. but it could just be that my securtiy thing is wacky like that.
hope it helps a lil bit...
( also.. i dont have anything keyless but dunno if that makes a difference..)

Old 10-13-2006, 10:12 AM

I press the lock button twice and it does honk. But when I use my key to open the door manually without unlocking the alarm does not go on. I want to turn the alarm on but don't know where to start. The LED light on the dock flashes when I lock using the remote . Also, the trunk button does not work either. I press and held down the trunk but it it does not pop up. Do you have to enable this too?

Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ajluu

I press the lock button twice and it does honk. But when I use my key to open the door manually without unlocking the alarm does not go on. I want to turn the alarm on but don't know where to start.
If the horn sounds and the led blinks, the alarm is armed. Unlocking the door with the key turns the system off. Sounds like it is working normally.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:16 PM

True. but when I open the door without disarming the alarm it does not go on. Is there a on and off switch I can check? I believe that if you open the door without disarming the alarm is goes on.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:43 PM

after you arm the alarm wair 60 seconds or so and try to open your door ( leave your window open )
good luck

Old 10-13-2006, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: ajluu

True. but when I open the door without disarming the alarm it does not go on. Is there a on and off switch I can check? I believe that if you open the door without disarming the alarm is goes on.
how are you opening the door without disarming the alarm?

Old 10-14-2006, 04:45 AM

as long as u use your key, it will not go off (again this is just info based on my exp with 1 car onli :P).. did u try the opening the passenger door with the key? that sets mine off..
also what miki said werks too, i acutally did that today...leave ur window down and arm ur alarm, once the alarm is set.. put ur hand through the window and pull the lock or even the power lock switch.. it should go off as long as LED is blinking.

Quick Reply: I need to arm or enable the factory alarm for 98 Accord Ex