General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im new to the forums - and need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Exclamation im new to the forums - and need help

i bought a honda from a friend of mine cuz i needed something with beter gas mileage than my v8 f150. he tells me i can buy his car but it needs work.......

he blew the engine in it and it sat in the drive way for a while until he got a new engine for it, now i have the car at my garage and i have no clue what bolt goes where or what bracket this goes to cuz he put everything in a bucket! its like working a jigsaw puzzle when u dont know what the picture is supposed to be. the engine is in the car and all im trying to do is bolt everything back up and run all hoses and vacuum lines. just dont know what bolt or bracket is supposed to be used. i dont want to get everything back together and have left over parts or bolts lying around.

i need some major help on this issue if anyone can

the car is a 1997 honda accord two door with a 4cyl in the car.
i dont know the year model the new engine came from
i do know that the engine is a 2.2 (non vtec i think)
automatic tranny

Last edited by o CRA5H o; 08-26-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
But you should probably post in the General Tech section to get a better answer. Use a very descriptive thread title. This place is just for introductions. Don't forget to say auto-or-manual tranny. There's other people better than me for engine-swap questions.

It will be important for us to know what year the replacement engine came from too.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Exclamation Hello New Member

Welcome and please read where to post your messages..

Thank You for posting..I will move it for you!

|WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 PM

well i did repost it in the tech help section so could you delete one of these posts so there is not any duplicates?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by o CRA5H o
i bought a honda from a friend of mine cuz i needed something with beter gas mileage than my v8 f150. he tells me i can buy his car but it needs work.......

he blew the engine in it and it and it sat in the drive way for a while until he got a new engine for it, now i have the car at my garage and i have no clue what bolt goes where or what bracket this goes to cuz he put everything in a bucket! its like working a jigsaw puzzle when u dont know what the picture is supposed to be. the engine is in the car and all im trying to do is bolt everything back up and run all hoses and vacuum lines. just dont know what bolt or bracket is supposed to be used. i dont want to get everything back together and have left over parts or bolts lying around.

i need some major help on this issue if anyone can

the car is a 1997 honda accord two door with a 4cyl in the car.
i dont know the year model the new engine came from
i do know that the engine is a 2.2 (non vtec i think)
automatic tranny
You should buy the car manual for starters, that will be one step in the right direction.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

You can download a 94 shop manual from links in the Online Manuals thread in the DIY section. The differences between the 94 and 97 engine are pretty minor.

The only way we would be able to help you out is by having you post pictures of what part you are dealing with. Also a picture of the engine bay may help as well, so we would know where you are starting at.

As for bolt sizes, that will be tough. hondapartsdeals.com will tell you how many identical bolts are required for each part. You may want to group bolts that are identical to help organize everything.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 PM

ok i do have the chilton/haynes book. but it doesnt tell me which bolt goes to what, ill have pics of the engine bay as it sits in a lil bit.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM

here are the pics

im new to the forums - and need help-photo_081009_005.jpg

im new to the forums - and need help-photo_081009_004.jpg

im new to the forums - and need help-photo_081009_003.jpg

im new to the forums - and need help-photo_081009_002.jpg

im new to the forums - and need help-photo_081009_001.jpg

Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like most of the major stuff is installed (fuel rail, distributor, throttle body).

The air intake and the radiator hoses need to be installed.

Why don't you post some pics of the parts you have to install as well.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 PM

ill see if i can get those posted soon, just need vacuum hoses and ignition set up to get it ready to fire

Quick Reply: im new to the forums - and need help