Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   im new to the forums - and need help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/im-new-forums-need-help-27248/)

JimBlake 08-11-2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng (Post 180735)
Welcome and please read where to post your messages..

Thank You for posting..I will move it for you!

|WheelBrokerAng

Sorry Angelo, I asked him to repost & add some more information about his car. Looks like you already deleted the duplicate??

o CRA5H o 08-12-2009 03:16 PM

the engine that i have put in the car is just temp. the old one is being rebuilt all performance and im shopping now for other parts like the coil overs and header and skunk2 exaust. im looking for the conversion kit to change the rear drum brakes to disc.....anyone know of one?

JimBlake 08-12-2009 04:18 PM

That rear-disk conversion consists of getting all the parts from an Accord EX. You probably have to even get the rear knuckles, I think(?) they're different.

o CRA5H o 08-15-2009 11:37 AM

ok thanks

o CRA5H o 08-17-2009 08:45 PM

ok i now have the engine in and everything that i see computer wise connected and all vacuum hoses ran, i got in to see if i could get the car to start for the first time with this engine and all i got was click...click...click...click...i put an industrial battery jumper on the car and got the same thing. i think im missing something electrical? any ideas?

PAhonda 08-17-2009 09:51 PM

Check that the two electrical connections to the starter are on there securely. Also check that all ends of both battery cables are on securely.

If they are on tight, then have someone try to start the car. See if the click is coming from the starter. Usually you only have one click if it is the solenoid. If the click is from the starter, have the person hold the key in the start position and moderately hit the end of the starter with a screwdriver. If the starter turns the engine, then you will have to replace the starter solenoid.

o CRA5H o 08-17-2009 10:26 PM

ok, ill try this tomorrow since it is dark already. i was told about an ignition trigger?? it looks like a bolt with a wire in the middle of it that is supposed to scan the fly wheel to measure timing?? i dont really know i was just told about it....is that a possibility? if its not the starter, any other ideas?

PAhonda 08-18-2009 02:02 AM

The obd2 hondas have a sensor mounted by the timing belt that picks up the crank shaft in a way that you are describing.

Is your check engine light on? You can hook up an obd2 scanner to the connector behind the ash tray. You may be able to short a service connector under the passenger dash and read the codes that way. Just use a thin paper clip. In know the 94/95 accords have that, and I think that the 96/97 accords have it too.

See: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

Do you know what year the donor engine came from? That sensor was moved from the distributor in the 94/95 to the engine block in the 96/97

JimBlake 08-18-2009 07:25 AM

PA, that's all true, it's important to match the set of sensors to what the ECU wants to see. But all those sensors will NOT prevent the starter from spinning the engine.

o CRA5H o 08-18-2009 11:03 AM

i have a 1997 honda accord SE coupe
2.2L non vtec engine
automatic transmission

donor engine came from a 1997 honda accord

my friend took his stereo out of the car so there is nothing in it at the moment(i dont know if this matters or not)

i dont see anything that looks like an ignition trigger or a place to mount it on the block

when i turn the key the check engine light isnt on but it says the car is in drive (d4) and the shifter is in park......not sure whats going on there???