General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new out here and have a few Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default I'm new out here and have a few Q's.

Though I'm not new to Accord's. I had a '96 Accord EX-L and most recently we just bought my wife an '08 Accord EX-L (v6). It's a really nice ride and a safe car. While I'm not into customizing cars much anymore I do have a few things I would like to learn about this '08 Accord.

1. Where can I find the front bumper hole plugs? The dealer put hold in the front bumper for the license place!

2. I like to change my own oil, but I'll be darn if I can find the oil filter from the top of the engine like her older Avalon XLS had! Where is this thing and how hard is it to change the oil on this car?

3. Had anyone programmed the door locks to unlock when you put the car in park? They lock when in drive, but not when placed in park. My 4Runner is setup this way and I was hoping we could do this on the Accord.

Thank you and please forgive me if I was not supposed to put this out here in this section.

Rick

Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator
Exclamation

Well Rick, I shall move this to the correct forum for you, because no one will answer your qestions in this New Member Forum..but Welcome to the Forums...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by rgcary

2. I like to change my own oil, but I'll be darn if I can find the oil filter from the top of the engine like her older Avalon XLS had! Where is this thing and how hard is it to change the oil on this car?

Thank you and please forgive me if I was not supposed to put this out here in this section.

Rick
The 2000 Accords ( what I drive ) oil filters are not visible from the top either. I had to crawl around under my car with a flashlight headband to find mine - and it was tucked about midway under the engine block. Tucked up and around a metal bar from under the car. it's a tight space - but you can fit an oil filter wrench up there and get it off.

If you have a floor jack - and some jack stands - I think you should be able to change the oil - but it might be tucked into a tight space. I haven't been under a 2008 Accord.