General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Illumination ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Default Interior Illumination ?

I am wanting to install ambient lighting in the front foot-wells of my 2015 Accord Sport, getting the parts is not an issue, however I am a bit confused as to how the system operates. One Honda site says, "...integrates with interior lighting" while another site says that it can be turned on & off using the exterior light ****... headlights, etc.

"HOW TO OPERATE
• With the light switch set to the on position,
the ambient lights are on.
• When the headlight switch is in the “AUTO” position,
the ambient lights are on with the parking lights or
headlights"

I want the foot-well lights to come on automatically when the doors are opened and to turn off automatically when the doors are closed.. just as it is with the overhead dome light

Any and all advice/comments are appreciated

Attached Thumbnails Interior Illumination ?-ambient.jpg  

Last edited by Prospector; 01-27-2016 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Are you replacing OEM courtesy lights w/ aftermarket or your model has no courtesy lights?

Most courtesy lights operate w/ door switch independent of headlight setting.

good luck

Old 01-27-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Are you replacing OEM courtesy lights w/ aftermarket or your model has no courtesy lights?

Most courtesy lights operate w/ door switch independent of headlight setting.

good luck
My vehicle does not have the foot-well lights, wanting to add

Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 PM

It may be difficult to implement w/ door actuated switches. Do your doors have door switches and harnesses? If yes, the wiring for courtesy lights may be in harnesses.

Suggest purchasing as late model Accord shop manual as available from automanualsource.com. Your 2015 should be similar. I attached wiring diagram from an 08-10 accord shop manual.

regards

Attached Files
Old 01-27-2016, 03:34 PM

It may be difficult to implement w/ door actuated switches. Do your doors have door switches and harnesses? If yes, the wiring for courtesy lights may be in harnesses.

Suggest purchasing as late model Accord shop manual as available from automanualsource.com. Your 2015 should be similar. I attached wiring diagram from an 08-10 accord shop manual.

regards
Yes, there are door switches which activate the dome light. I do have a PDF instruction sheet for the installation of the ambient lights in the foot-well, it does not look to be extra complicated... however, these instruction indicate that the ambient lights are operated from the highlight switch.. and, as I've already stated, I want them to work in conjunction with the dome light

I would attach the PDF, but it is located on a web site and I did not think that we were allowed to post a web link here in this forum

Old 01-27-2016, 03:58 PM

You can see from the wiring diagram that wiring for courtesy lights departs the MICU at the drivers underdash fuse panel. It may be that pink wires are included in coupe wiring harness or perhaps new wires need to be threaded from MICU connections.

good luck

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 PM

You can see from the wiring diagram that wiring for courtesy lights departs the MICU at the drivers underdash fuse panel. It may be that pink wires are included in coupe wiring harness or perhaps new wires need to be threaded from MICU connections.

good luck
Thank you, TexasHonda... I really do appreciate your feedback, however, the diagram you sent above is 'Greek to me'.

Is it okay if I post the link for the diagram/instructions that I have?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:41 AM

If it's information and not advertising, it should be OK.

good luck

Old 01-28-2016, 10:35 AM

If it's information and not advertising, it should be OK.

good luck
Installation instructions:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...ientlights.pdf

Old 01-28-2016, 04:15 PM

A lot of effort for courtesy lights. If you want to modify you will need to locate and understand the MICU in the drivers under dash fuse box. Likely will require a different connector to mate to the MICU or potentially a splice into existing wiring.

good luck

Quick Reply: Interior Illumination ?