General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior lights not working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Interior lights not working?

Hello, this is my first post here on HAF.com. I just bought a 1995 Honda Accord LX Sedan(5sp) 2.2L non-vtec. I noticed not all my dash lights are working. The instrument cluster and lights seem to work fine, however some of the other dash lights and misc other lights are out as well. Currently the following lights are not working. HVAC backlights(Selection lights are working and control **** lights are working), Cruise control backlight and selection light not working, rear defrost backlight not working(Selection light working), dimmer switch and backlight IS working. cigarette lighter surround not working, key surround not working, both vanity lights are not working. All courtesy lights are working.

I've checked a few applicable fuses inside the cabin and under the hood. There is an after market stereo installed, and it works just fine. I have yet to pull it and inspect the wires. (It was installed before I bought it.) The stereo is the only aftermarket install on the car. I've seen some posts referencing the integrated control unit. Is there a way to test this? Does this come with the fuse-box or can it be bought separate? Please help!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

You problem doesn't sound like a stereo wiring problem, because the bulbs are too scattered. Are all the switches without lights still doing their job? If a fuse was burned out, then many more items would not be working.

It sounds like the bulbs are either burned out or have loose/dirty connections.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Perfect! This is what I was looking for. I will start by trying to replace a few bulbs and see where this gets me. I was thumbing through wiring diagrams and couldn't pin-point anything.