General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Default Interior Noise

I just purchased my first Honda Accord, a 1998 LX Coupe V6. After driving it on the highway for the first time yesterday I noticed a strange noise coming from behind the dash on the passenger side. It almost sounds like a bearing but not the normal high pitched sound that a bearing makes. I thought that it could possibly be coming from the blower motor so I turned the blower off. The noise still existed. The strange thing about the noise is that it only occurs at speeds in excess of 60mph, and goes away if I crack the passenger side window. As soon as I close the window, the noise comes back. This makes me believe it has something to do with the ventilation system, but I am unfamiliar with the Accord's operation. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I would suggest trying different positions; fresh air - recirculate principally, but also slightly different temp control settings to see if they make any difference. If they don't the ventilation system is not likely the problem.

It could be the drive train. Sometimes its diffiicult to locate source of a high-pitched whine. It may help to get someone to ride in pax seat and listen for source. Also ride on smooth, asphalt road at slower speeds and see if noise can be detected.

good luck