General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ive tried all i know , now what.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default ive tried all i know , now what.

ive been posting here lately on my daughters 94 accord 2.2 vtecs rough idle and shaking during acceleration.what ive done is took off and cleaned tb, iacv, fitv, egr valve and all 5 egr ports.adjusted valves and inspected plugs. plugs looked surprisenly good with no carbon or oil fouling.all of this has had very little effect on performance.she drove it again today and it finally died on her on way to school.she said it was shakin and jerking and finally cut off and will not start back.but this is what i found out.after cleaning tb and iacv i was going to remove the backup fuse to reset ecm.instead of 7.5 amp fuse there was a 30 amp fuse there. i thought that strange so i replaced with a 10 amp. well that fuse was blown today for whatever reason and car wont start back. as far as cel goes thats another story as prior owner has put a black peice of electrical tape over light and glued lens cover to housing. im serious , i just figured that out last week. we have owned car for 2 years and this is our first problems. what do yall think problem is? i hate to tow it to a mechanic to troubleshoot it at 80 bucks an hour.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

A short somewhere. You will need to trace short from the fuse that blows, taking things out of the circuit.

The ECM drives a lot of electrical parts that could be at fault, including ECM itslelf. A circuit diagram from Fuel & Emissions section of Honda shop manual is the best. Among possibilities are ECM fault, IACV solenoid, injector, distributor sensor, vtec solenoid, O2 sensor heater circuit, other sensors

I think this will be a long difficult hunt for the fault.

good luck