General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Leak on passenger side front

Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 AM
RetPara
Unregistered
Default Leak on passenger side front

'03 Accord EX with 4 Cly\5Spd

Leak is below the the glove box, seems to saturate the lining under the the carpet. This lining is the rubber topped lining that is directly over the floor pan\lower firewall. There are drips coming from a screw that comes through the firewall\pan rubber liner.

Been able to confirm this is NOT from the heater core. If it was, we would be getting antifreeze\coolant and not water. This is plain water.

This has me baffled.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Default RE: Leak on passenger side front

During wet weather? That is, is it from rain water?

Air-con on? Could be condensation from the AC?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Make sure the A/C drain line is not plugged. Leaking water in the passenger footwell is a symptom of that.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
RetPara
Unregistered

Not during wet weather. Though it has occured after using the windshield washer. Though I have used the AC......

Thanks all now I have a better starting place than; 'Duh, floor wet.'

Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Good luck!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
RetPara
Unregistered

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...aUnderDash.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...staroundit.jpg

Thought some happy snaps might help also. This is just from today drips can still be see on the rubber underlayment that would be under the carpet. When I discovered this the water actually pooled in some of the recesses when the foam carpet backing was squeezed.....

Thanks one and all for looking... I display my ignorance happily.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Double check the A/C drain line isn't plugged (it's on the underside of the car), if it is the water that condenses on the coil won't drain out and will just pool up until runs over the top and gets everywhere.

I love the name of that second pic "Brass Bolt With Rust Around It" lol. To the point!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Almost certainly evaporator housing overflow. This means a pretty bad stoppage of the drain outlet. It is possible to be a blockage of the drain tube on the engine side of the firewall. Probe up the tube w/ a stiff wire. Tube makes a 90 deg turn through the firewall and into the evaporator drain pan. If you can't clear from engine side, you will have to pull the evaporator box. A shop manual for your vehicle is essential to do this job.

This car does have AC? The pics look like a car w/ no AC is reason I ask. Evaporator box removal may be more difficult (embedded behind dash!).

good luck

good luck

Old 03-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Jez
Default Water leaking right side footboard passenger side

My 2002 Honda Accord Coupe only leaks in water when it rains or I get my car washed. It’s on the far right corner by where your feet sit. I recently had my windshield replaced and it stopped leaking when I wash my car but still leaks when it rains! I’ve taken it to a couple of places and they are clueless! Anyone one what it could be?

Last edited by Jez; 03-19-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to add what kind of Honda I have!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jez
My 2002 Honda Accord Coupe only leaks in water when it rains or I get my car washed. It’s on the far right corner by where your feet sit. I recently had my windshield replaced and it stopped leaking when I wash my car but still leaks when it rains! I’ve taken it to a couple of places and they are clueless! Anyone one what it could be?
Does your car have a Sunroof? If it does, then it's possible that the right drain hose came out of it's holder, and is leaking into the car. Or it's plugged.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leak on passenger side front