General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance quesitions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ok I might be a little out of place here, several posts and I confuse myself.

The pic of the temp gauge is "normal". I do have to ask, was the e-brake on when the pic was taken, as the red light-I think- is the brake light is on. If so, no need to answer, just want to be sure...

Ac cycling quickly can be either, over charged, under charged or ok. But this all depends on outside temps and pres readings....its like 30 outside so it won't take much for my ac to reach proper temp and cycle off....but I agree every 15 does seem too much.

"dioerl"-How are you coming up with those numbers? I use the avgerage "per tank" method....the 95 in its "mixed" driving gets 25~26 mpg. Next, are the maint items up to date-plugs, cap, rotor, air filter, tire pressure...

SeaFoam-again as already posted, we all have different opinions. Personally-I only anger the neighbors-running thru vac connection- about every two/three years per car...but with seven cars that adds up. I do add to the gas tank about every four months. Knocking on wood from here, I've yet to have an FI or carb issue with any of them. Also I've been over ~160k on the 95 without having an egr port clog.

Last edited by poorman212; 12-21-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: yes I can't spell
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, the temperature gauge in that photo is good. I call zero the bottom of the blue band.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies

poorman212,
1. yup the hand brake was engaged when the pic was taken
2. I guess, i'll have to check my freon charging.
3. I use full tank to full tank..i record how many kms i've travelled and how many liters i've filled from last full tank to recent full tank. 25mpg = 10.6km/l..gosh, how can I attain that? (btw, i'm use normal driving) Plugs, Air Filter, Tire Pressure is maintained. Wat are these ..Cap? Rotor?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

"Diorel"-Sorry been on holiday/vacation for a few days and where I go they only have dial up internet....doesn't work well for this.

Distributor cap and rotor....might as well think about the wires from the cap to the plugs while you are there. Also if you're not sure a fuel system cleaner (we all have opinions on these so I'm not starting anything, just my personal exper). As I stated before I run a can of SeaFoam in/thru all of my cars every now and then. If you use Seafoam or something else, don't count "that" tank as rule, the MPG's seem to run higher on that tank than the following-at least for me.

P.S.-again most of my daily driving is mixed use,,,60% highway-60~65 MPH-40% city, crawl-stop-go...and I'm kind of old which means I seldom push the rpm's much past 3K. Last tank avg-25.4 mpg