General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Major trouble with my car on the freeway please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:54 AM
traided
Unregistered
Default Major trouble with my car on the freeway please help

i was comin home from a hard day at work at malaysia airlines at LAX and i am speeding through the freeway 4 am in the morning no traffic all of a sudden my car is slowing down and i giving it gas the rpm is going up red lining but the car doesnt seem to move until I get to a dead stop. Now i stop and turn off the car and restart it and put it in to drive and hit the gas pedal and nothing car wont move and the rpm is going up all the way. I wait 5 mintues and then start driving all of a sudden some life and it starts moving slowly its choking. I get home by turning it off and then starting it up again. while i was driving after this happened i would put the car in neutral and roll and then put in to drive and it feels like its in first gear like stuck in first gear. What is the problem can anyone help me out wtf is going on. I havent gotten an oil change for a long time i been so busy.... what is the problem???

Car specs
04 honda accord coupe v6

Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 AM

i think i may have had a similar problem with my 95 accord. I was driving down a 45 mph road when my car just reved up and i lost gear. if i shut the car off it would go back into gear but not for long. i had a tranny guy look at it and he said my tranny was going out. im not saying thats whats happening to yours cause im no transmission expert, but dont be suprised if it is. Also did you check your ATF levels and color that could be the problem. your transmission is different than mine its about 10 years newer so i dont know. good luck though