General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2005 Honda Accord(30000 miles) is having start up problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
05HondaAccord
Unregistered
Default My 2005 Honda Accord(30000 miles) is having start up problems

When I first bought it, starting up the car went fine. However, one time I was listening to music and then I started up the car and when I did that, the car lights flickered badly. However it still started up and I drove to school. Then when I tried to start it up to leave school the car didn't start up. The lights inside just flickered. The speedometer and the gas reading lines just went all crazy shifting right and left really fast. I kept the key inside the socket and kept on turning it right but the lights just kept flickering and the lines that you read to tell you how fast your going and how much gas you have in your car kept shifting right and left really fast. I then had to get my car jumped. It works fine now. I went to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with my car and that I shouldnt listen to music before starting up the car. When I start up the car, it makes a clink-clank noise and the lights flicker but it starts up fine. My brother says the car makes a lot of noise when you start up the car, if you are standing outside of the car. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: My 2005 Honda Accord(30000 miles) is having start up problems

You most likely drained the battery to a point where it had enough power to start the car once, but then it wasn't driven long enough to sufficiently recharge the battery. Starting the car causes the most stress on the battery. So if you want to listen to music for an extended period of time, after you start the car make sure you drive it a fair distance or let it idle for a while.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My 2005 Honda Accord(30000 miles) is having start up problems

The noise bothers me. You & your brother need to open the hood & one watch & listen while the other starts it. Pinpoint the location of the noise. Obviously too, look for stuff that rattles around loose when you start.

I'm thinking of something like the alternator brackets coming loose, or an idler pulley, or something like that.