General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car shows one door always open... :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Unhappy My car shows one door always open... :(

I drive a 4 doors, 2004 Honda Accord EX which I bought about 1 1/2 months ago.

One day, about 3 weeks ago, I had a problem after it rained. The car showed the rear door on the passenger side was always open. The little icon shows that door is open all the time and I can't set my alarm on because of that.

I allocated the pin on the door that is suppose to tell if the door is open or not. I pressed, but nothing happened. The funny thing is that if I put my seat belt on, then it desapears. So I unplugged the battery, waited for 30 minutes and everything was fine again.

Today it rained again in the morning and the car started doing the same thing. I tried to do the battery thing again, but it didn't work this time.

Does anyone have a clue of what could be causing this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I can't offer any direct help, but if you're determined to DIY, the only possible way is to purchase the Honda Shop Manual for your vehicle. I looked at my 2003-2007 Honda Shop Manual, and found the warning you have arises from a door switch input, and computer (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) detecting a fault and setting warning lamp.

The diagnostics are lengthy and complicated.

I think I would start w/ the assumption that door switch may be involved and open (disconnect) door switch. This should be interpreted as door shut and hopefully allow your system to work as intended. If this works, the fix may be a new switch w/ better moisture resistance.

If this doesn't work, the problem could be wiring (door switch wire shorting to ground), or faulty Mulitiplex Integrated Control Unit. I bet those don't come cheap from Honda, so check car-part.com for a used unit.

good luck

Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Default My car shows one door always open... :(

This is funny. Yesterday, in order to set the alarm on I had to buckle up the driver seat belt. Today it's a sunny day, no rain or nothing. THE PROBLEM IS ALREADY GONE!! What a krazy thing. lol....So I guess is wat u told me about the moisturizer thing. Im gonna see if I can repair that this weekend and I let u know. Thanks..