General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help clearing SRS light

Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Need help clearing SRS light

I had to borrow a 10 amp fuse from my SRS to use in another vehicle in a pinch situation and made the mistake of turning on my ignition before replacing the fuse......Now i have the red SRS light on and need help resetting it.
I found the post on how to reset the light in the DIY section here but am not sure if I am supposed to unplug the connector then short it with the paper clip or leave it plugged to the module and short the connector from the rear.
I tried to do the procedure while the connector was unplugged but could not get it to work.
My Accord is an 01 EX 5 speed.
Help..........I dont want to take it to the dealership because I know there really is no problem with my SRS.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Default RE: Need help clearing SRS light

Short it out while it's unplugged. I had to do this last weekend because I borrowed the bulb from the "Side Airbag" light to illuminate the odometer, and the SRS light came on. It took me about4 tries to get it done. Just keep trying, and make sure you are quick. Four seconds comes very quickly when you're trying to jump two small pins with a paperclip.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok thanx...but let me get this right Am I jumpering the pins in the module that the connector unplugged from or short the connector pins. I tried to do the connector pins yesterday and couldnt even get the SRS light to go out the first time after the 6 second or so wait after first turning on the ignition.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Short the connector... at the end of the two (green in my case) wires.

Make sure you are touching metal with the paperclip. I failed to do the proceedure correctly several times because there are places in the connector that don't make contact with metal. You will see what almost looks like two sides of each piece of metal in the little plastic housing. I can't tell you what side I used, but you'll know once you get it to go out the first time. Just stick with that.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

DO NOT SHORT OR JUMPER WIRES AT THE SRS UNIT
this might help;

Old 09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
cjacobs
Unregistered

Guys, I can't get the connector out of the housing. Is there a trick to squeezing thething?