General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New 1991 (black, of course) Accord EX owner, with water leak issue... Hayelp!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Default New 1991 (black, of course) Accord EX owner, with water leak issue... Hayelp!

Heya folks! I recently purchased a 1991 Accord EX (5sp. , baby!) with 230k on the clock, and while it's in fantastic shape for the age & mileage, it does need a bit of TLC, as it were.

I'm currently having an issue with my passenger side floorboard(s) (front and rear) getting soaked with water, especially after a heavy rain Anyone have any experience with this, or know the cause/solution?

There is a piece of the chrome trim around the windshield on the passenger side that is loose, but the seller (college chick) assured me that it doesn't leak. Maybe she was just trying to make the sale...? I dunno'.

Feel free to send me a P/M!

~~Pun.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
czr

Name:  100_1333-1.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  20.2 KB

This was my old CB7 (exactly like yours 5spd and all)untill the car gods took it away! she was a little dirty in this picture. as to answer your question i almost have no idea i dont understand where the water is comming from can you add a pic as to where it is comming from then maybe i can advise from there

Last edited by czr; 03-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Administrator

I moved your thread to the correct forum, please post in the correct forum threads from now on..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

The sunroof has a drain tube on each corner, so you will want to check that each drain tube is not clogged.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
I moved your thread to the correct forum, please post in the correct forum threads from now on..

WheelBrokerAng

I'm a bit confused, as I AM a new member, so I was posting a general introduction...in the "new members" area. Yes, I asked a tech question, but it seems a bit nit-picky. Oh well, I guess this is just "one of those" sites... Ugh.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

wheelbrokerang moved your thread to this forum, so you would get an answer to your question. He is just trying to help you out.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Right~on. Just have had some issues on other boards (like the Civic Forum etc.) with overzealous mods, & not tryin' to get off on the wrong foot here.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Okay... The water seems to mainly be getting on my passenger side rear floorboard, and seeping up to the front floorboard, after a heavy rain. As well, my trunk gets water in it too, specifically right where the latch is, in that lil' depression, and when I raise the decklid, water pours out from around the driver's side taillight housing!

Could this be the moonroof tubes being blocked, causing this? If-so, can someone tell me where the rear ones are? I located the front set, but can't see the ones in back, when the moonroof is open.

This is drivin' me insane.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

The pass rear doesn't sound like the drain, they usually leak into the trunk on the sides.....but if blocked it could drip from the sun/moon roof onto the floor board? Never played with this on a 4th gen, on a 3rd gen you can see the "tube" between the bumper cover and the body.....comes out of the body but inside the cover.....if that make sense.

Tail light gaskets on the 3rd and 4th gens are known for leaking. Either a new seal or try to reseal the OE

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Ahhh. I do remember reading something on the taillight gaskets now. Unfortunately, I can't recall where the person said they bought new ones, on the dirty-cheap side.

The trunk has an overall musty smell, so it's possible the moonroof tubes are leaking somewhere in there, as well.

The water getting into the interior/floorboards is the badness, though. I never see it happening, or dripping from anywhere. It just kinda' seeps-in from wherever. Ugh.