General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy needs sage advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Default new guy needs sage advice

about a year ago a neighbor gave my son a 92 accord lx with a blown motor, so being the dutiful father I proceeded to help him repair it. the motor was toast so I bought one from a local salvage that was running. we took it home and over the course of 7 or 8 months as time and money allowed we began to replace things, timing belt, balancer belt water pump, purchased a few little things like K&N intake stainless exhaust system, tuned up and dropped it in the car, only to find out that the fuel pump wasn't working which as I understand is common for vehicles that sit for a long time with ea ethanol gas in them, so off came the tank for a good flush and a new pump, bled the rail got good fuel pressure and its start up day. after allot of messing around she started up and started surging at idle, after a little research I bled the cooling system...still the surging continues...more research...cleaned and tightened FITV...and the surging continues, I have checked and double checked all the vacume line checked for leaks on the intake and throttle body so...what am I missing, any help with this one would be great need to move this car to go on to the next project

Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

There are three valves that can screw up the idle.

See this thread to test.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ad.php?t=35704