General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new member Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default new member Need Help!

hi guys,

my names kevin from victoria canada....and i own a 2005 honda accord ex v6 4door

ive installed halo projector LED lights, k&n cold air intake, acura tl rear sway bar, and i have a brembo brake kit off of the acura tl mt but im in need of advice. i need advice to find a bracket to connect the calipers to the hubs....can anyone help please and thank you!!!! has anyone done this upgrade to their honda accord???

Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Hello Kevin..I moved you to the genl help forum here..
Thank You for joining the HAF...

Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

What is the problem with the caliper bracket and attaching it to the knuckle? Some pics might help to figure out what is wrong.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

well what happened is that my friend worked at honda when i met him where i worked at the time, he got me to buy the brembo brake kit from the acura tl, so i bought the pads, rotors and calipers. he said it should fit cuz hes an acura mechanic before and now again said they are the same car but with some differences, i put the rotors on and tried to put the calipers on but they are not long enough to reach the 2 main screws where the brackets are for the old calipers. i told him this and got me to call a bunch of places for the brackets but i cant find them without the brake kit being included, so what im trying to find out is how to i get these cailpers to bolt onto my car. do i just need a bracket? where do i find it if i do, or do i need the acura tl knuckle, hub and bearings and then it will just bolt on...money is not a problem but i am hoping for just the bracket to be the answer......thanks alot to everyone for just reading this, ill take pics tomorrow and post to show my problem

Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Newest Of Newbies

oh and thanks admin for the general help placement

Old 08-13-2011, 04:32 AM

What year Acura TL? You can find brake brackets on eBay for them for fairly cheap ($20-25 range).

Old 08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

im not even sure what year the TL brake parts are, thats something im trying to inquire about, im sure its 2004-2007. i dont even know what part to order exactly. i know its a bracket but when i looked at the illastrations i cant even tell what peice it is, my friend at acura is going to get back to me today but the parts from acura are expensive, and in canada they are double the price. ebay must be the best option didnt even think to look there.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i looked on ebay and cant find the bracket for the calipers?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Look up the brackets on rock-auto.com. I am not sure what year TL you need them from, but they do sell the bracket on that site for <$20 each.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Newest Of Newbies

ok so i talked to my friend and said its the brembo kit from the type s tl 2007-08

Quick Reply: new member Need Help!