General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no a/c at all!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Default no a/c at all!!

hey guys this is my first post, so let me know if I screw up. anyways I am having a problem with my 2001 accord dx, that I cannot figure out. as the title states the a/c isn't working at all. the a/c button lights up when you push it, but nothing happens, no fans, no clicking, no anything. Have checked pressure, it's fine. I have checked all the fuses, so they're good. Traced the circuit from the a/c button to the underhood fusebox, where the relays are. as far as I can tell, it's getting power to the box, but from there on I have nothing. Now I have been reading up on this, and have seen that it could be the a/c diode, a/c thermostat, or ecm, right? however i cannot be sure of the location of these parts other than the ecu because I can't seem to find a wiring diagram/service manual for this model of accord's, the 1998-2002, and I've searched all over the internet it seems. Can someone point me to one? there seems to be one for every year model accord but mine! any help is greatly appreciated, and if you need more info please let me know.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Online manuals thread in DIY section has links to sites with 98-02 shop manual. Its an iso file, so you'll have to burn it to a CD.

The a/c button in the car grounds the circuit to turn it on. At the pressure switch, you can test for continuity to ground at the plug to figure out which direction you need to troubleshoot.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Autozone.com has manuals online and you may be able to get a wiring diagram.

If the blower is not working w/ and w/o AC, the blower resistor may be completely open, or the blower switch may be damaged. This would disable AC also.

good luck

Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM

hey i figured out my problem. it was a broken wire! specifically the pressure control switch ground. fixed that and rebuilt my compressor and I now have cold a/c!! thanks for the advice hope this can help somebody else.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for telling us what the fix was.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb

Any time you post your own fix, that makes it even much better to know it's been handled..

Thank You!