General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no power!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 AM
kodit0103
Unregistered
Default no power!!

hey guys what up? i need some help! So my girlfriends 89 honda Accord lx, 2.0l, auto, carburated engine, is dying out of power when we drive it. It does not turn off, but if you keep the foot on the gas, it does this jerking motion and almost cuts off and the revs drop to about 1,000 even if the gas pedal is completely pressed. Speed drops to about 15 MPH. I want to fix it, anybody have any sugestions? Thanks guys!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Default RE: no power!!

are you getting enough fuel? might be a bad fuel pump. also a good thing to do is clean the air filter. it wouldnt cause that drastic of a problem if it' s dirty or cloged but it would definatly help. Is it time for new spark plugs, belts, ect...? I would get a tune up if it hasn't had one recently.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: no power!!

ORIGINAL: kodit0103

hey guys what up? i need some help! So my girlfriends 89 honda Accord lx, 2.0l, auto, carburated engine, is dying out of power when we drive it. It does not turn off, but if you keep the foot on the gas, it does this jerking motion and almost cuts off and the revs drop to about 1,000 even if the gas pedal is completely pressed. Speed drops to about 15 MPH. I want to fix it, anybody have any sugestions? Thanks guys!

you might to chk and replace the fuel filter, the main 1 located by the fuel tank,, also make sure the accell pump is working properly, remove the air cleaner assembly, have someone accell while car is off and look into the carb for a good even stram of fuel.. chk the air filter as adviced.....chk the timing,,,,,,, it sounds like internal carb issues , when car idles , does it idle smoothly? at what RPM ? does it miss ?

if you do not have much experience on carbs , you might want to have a shop look at it...............Not any shops , not too many people nowdays have a clue when it comes to carburators.. it is a lost art ,,,, make sure it is a shop that specializes on Hondas or the dealer ,,
and ask them if they have a tech that knows HOW TO CARBS .