General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Spark Whatsoever, Despite New Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Default No Spark Whatsoever, Despite New Parts

Car underwent a head swap recently, among tearing down I set the distributor down on the battery post like a retard. Now with everything back together, I have no spark. Have a new coil, have a new ignition control module, and have a good charge on the battery. Car just cranks and cranks. There is power going to the coil, but nothing coming out. So respectively there's nothing coming out of the spark boots. The plugs wires are all where they should be, and the engine is timed.

I have run completely out of ideas, and don't know what I could have forgotten to plug in. A mechanic buddy suggested cam position sensor or crank sensor, I can't even find something that would go to either. Does this mean my PCM could be bad? (Or ECM, whatever it's called)

Help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Check for ECM codes.

Also check that you reinstalled the distributor ground back on the thermostat housing. w/o the ground, no spark.

See following link for additional guidance.

Honda Acura Starting Problems Repair Guide, Main Relay Locations

good luck

Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 PM

I just figured it out actually. It was the main relay ground wire. I forgot to reinstall it. Car fired after a few seconds of cranking when it was reinstalled. Battery died after that haha. I have been cranking it all day so my batteries dead now.