General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no start :( v6 accord 95

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Default no start :( v6 accord 95

Ok so here are the details. I have a v6 95 accord. I do have an alarm but it's aftermarket and i don't think it has anything to do with this. I drove my car to the gym last night worked fine. Woke up this morning and it would not start, my radio works fine... lights work fine...alarm engages fine, electric locks work fine... can roll window up down fine... so i have plenty of juice. I don't have a kill switch to my knowledge. When i turn the car on all the way i hear a clicking so i think the starter is engaging but the motor is not cranking. My first thought is it's a fuse? i had to ride my bike to work so right now i'm at work trying to think of posibilities before i actually get to play with it but so far i have fuse on my list and starter although this was awfully abrubt and normally with the starter you can keep trying and trying and eventually get it to roll over right? prior to this morning i've never had any problems starting the car. ideas anyone? thanks in advance!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Default RE: no start :( v6 accord 95

sounds to me like the solonoid on the starter is sticking matey put it in gear and rock the car back and forward then try it again the other way is tap the starter motor with a hammer be very carfull doing that

Old 02-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you just hear a click noise ,, chk the battery cable for corrosion and tightness..if dirty or loose . clean , tighten them and retry

if ok, have somoeone try to start the engine while you get a big screwdriver and bang on the starter if starter will turn you got a bad starter..
And yes,, electrical parts will go out without notice ..

Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

If all your battery connections are good, and the starter will work if someone smacks it while trying to crank it, the starter contacts might need replaced.
Very easy and cheap repair for the 'ND' brand starters.
Pic of a Yota ND starter showing the contacts.
These contacts were $4 each from a local auto electric shop.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM

I'm used to working on american cars where the starter is just underneath the car hanging out almost by itself. On the v6 the easiest way to change it (maybe the only) is from above correct? Any tips would be appreciated if anyone has any... it's a nice tite space to work it looks like.