General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Not a new member, but I have an Accord again

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Not a new member, but I have an Accord again

I recently bought a 2000 Accord Coupe f22 5 speed. This thing is clean aside from the dang clear coat. NO RUST AT ALLL!!!!! Which for Ohio is unheard of. 157k miles one owner. Still has the OG clutch too.

Im not sure what to do to it other than put a stereo in it. Not going to rice it out, but I need to do preventative maintenance as I will be moving to Washington State in a few months.

Ive been driving a Honda Fit so I got rather used to not having maintenance problems. Car seems solid.

So far I have noticed a clunking noise from the rear (all suspension parts appear solid and/or replaced) And clunking/tapping from the front. I can also feel it when I go over a bump in the pedal a bit. I figure this is sway bar bushings. All suspension parts that I can get to without a jack seem solid.

Looks like the oil pan may be leaking a bit. Same for the valve cover.

Anything I need to look out for? Ive tried to search around and most people say the front engine mount is a common point of failure. I had a 94 prior to this so I know about all the EGR stuff, but this had the ports cleaned and EGR replaced at 100k service.

Valves are quiet. Ive never heard an Accord this quiet actually.

OH and if anyone can tell me about how to get the plastic piece out of the shift boot. I moved my Mugen shifter over and now that little piece hangs out and rattles.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Wrong thread to post in so I'm moving it to here..

WheelBrokerAng