General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Okay vs. Not Okay from Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Default Okay vs. Not Okay from Ebay

With all of the "stuff" that is available for Accords on Ebay, I was wondering if it would be possible to compile a list of things that are okay to buy (or generally depending on what kind it is... etc). This could potentially help future members by saving them a lot of hassle and money buying junk for their cars when they need to be getting decent parts. This is what I have so far....
[ol][*] BOMZ intake kits are good[*] Motor mounts/kits are "hit or miss"
[/ol]
So what about all of the other "stuff" that's out there... such as...
[ol][*] Suspension components[*] VSS modules[*] Altezza kits[*] Projector head lights[*] Bumper kits / Body and Trim parts
[/ol]
If this has been covered before, I apologize... I just thought it would be good to have all this in one spot...

Nixer

Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Okay vs. Not Okay from Ebay

ORIGINAL: nixalot
[*] Suspension components[*] VSS modules[*] Altezza kits[*] Projector head lights[*] Bumper kits / Body and Trim parts
[/ol]
If this has been covered before, I apologize... I just thought it would be good to have all this in one spot...

Nixer
Suspension kits, unless it's guaranteed and a known name brand I'd stay away
VSS Modules: I have no idea
Altezza Kits, the one's I've ordered fit just fine, just be aware that you may have to deal with condensation, this can be fixed by drilling a small hole in the bottom corner of the lens. So they're ok I'd say
Projector Headlights: No idea, but my guess would be they work/fit fine but may have other minor defects like the altezza kits
Body parts: Generally speaking i'd say they'll fit but the cheap bodykits on there are cheap because they try to design them to fit multiple cars which means you're going to potentially do some work to make it fit properly
Exhaust: if it's cheap it will probably be fine for a little while then it's just going to become a fricken tube.

Basically, look at what other people have said about the stuff, generally speaking if he's selling good stuff (Don't pay attention to shipping issues unless they are numerous...) then it will be reflected....

That's just my thoughts...

Old 05-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Default RE: Okay vs. Not Okay from Ebay

I recently bought some replacement clear bumper turn lights for my '92 Accord and they fit and work perfectly fine.

I also recently purchased and installed some Carbon Fibre tail lights. I was advised to get ones that are DOT certified. These were DOT and SAE. The person who advised me did not get ones that were DOT certified and says the fit wasn't terribly good.

They installed and fit fine, but because of a slight difference in how it connects, the result is my 'Brake' light lights up when I tap the brake. I've verified that they work (lights, brakes, signals and back up lights) but the interior brake light comes on. My friend who had none DOT ones has the same problem.

It doesn't cause any problem other than I see it on the dash.