General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Outside air temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Default Outside air temp gauge

Our vehicle does not have an outside air temperature gauge. I installed one in the grill of our one ton Chev and I didn't have any trouble in getting the wire thru the firewall. Our new Honda has stumped me so far. Has anyone installed one in their Accord?

I thought about using an electronic remote sensor, but I tried one of those for our house and it was way off and no way to calibrate it.

I have gotten use to the one in our truck since it has a diesel engine and I turn on the fuel filter heater when the temp gets down to 40 deg. F. And I like to know when it is a 100 or 0 deg. F.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Outside air temp gauge

why is it so important that you know if it is 100 or 0 deg ,, while you are driving?? I can see the purpose for the diesel but on a Honda ??

if you feel cold put the heater on

if you feel warm put the a/c on

No offense ,,but to me. putting a gauge to tell you ambient temp is a waste of time, money and effort ......if yoi stick your head out of the window and take a guess i bet you would come real close to what the actual ambient temp is ,,

Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 PM

my car came with that and I have never tuched it. Just wish I took fog lights instead of outside temperature monitor.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

www.handaaccessories.com has one for the 7th gen accords.........

Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM

YeuEmMaiMai: That is a great web site!!! And the installation instructions give you insight on how to get into sections of your Honda. Thanks!!!

DesertHonda: I'll bet you have a thermometer in your house and maybe one outside. They are not necessary, but I just like them in both places. The problem with getting new toys is that you want them in other things and sometimes the answer is personal preference.

The one on the web site costs $105 so is it worth it to me? I haven't answered that question, but my next step is to print out the installation instructions. And then I will make the decision, but those instructions may help me in installing my Ham radio and other modifications that need toggle switches to be installed.