General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Accord EX Outside Temp Sensor Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Default 2007 Accord EX Outside Temp Sensor Install

I just installed the Outside Temperature Sensor kit on our 2007 Honda Accord EX. The sensor mounted behind the front bumper just below the Honda emblem. The two mounting holes were already in place and the sensor came with two plastic push-pin type connectors that popped right in place. The 3-wire plug connected to a spare plug just under the engine fuse box. The installation in the engine compartment was really easy and instructions were very clear.

The only hard part about the inside installation was trying to work in the small space just below the steering wheel column. Once I had the small electronic control module mounted, the plug connections were easy to find and connect. A fuse and all of the stick on labels were included to add to the inside fuse panel, etc.

The nice part was turning the car on and seeing the Outside Temperature pop up right where the Odometer reading normally is. You can toggle between Odometer and Outside Temperature.

After coming from cars that had the outside temp, I was really disappointed that the Accord EX did not include this simple feature. But now I have it