General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panic alarm goes off

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Default Panic alarm goes off

When I pulled into my garage and turned the my 2008 Accord off, my alarm went off, I thought I had touched the panic button by mistake. I could not get the alarm to stop and also noticed that when I hit the door unlock or lock button nothing happen. Starting the car didn't stop the alarm. I went into the house and looked for the other fob, not sure if I accidentally touched it or not but the alarm stopped. When I push the panic button now nothing happens. I am afraid this will happen again. Help

Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Were you able to find a solve for this panic alarm issue? I believe I have the same issue. I replaced the fob batteries and reprogrammed the keys, but this didn't solve the problem. Only temporarily. It seems to happen sometimes -- but not consistently.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Top_Shelf
Were you able to find a solve for this panic alarm issue? I believe I have the same issue. I replaced the fob batteries and reprogrammed the keys, but this didn't solve the problem. Only temporarily. It seems to happen sometimes -- but not consistently.
What year, model, trim level is your car?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM

So, car situation is resolved. Basically the dealership where the car was purchased had installed a KARR brand alarm. Apparently this is somewhat common practice. The dealership will get cars delivered and install these aftermarket alarm systems so they can try and pass them off as a $xxx upgrade and try to get people talked into keeping it since it's what they have on the lot.

Apparently when the car was purchased, the KARR alarm was just disabled since the original purchaser didn't want it and all was well for a long time (it's a 2009). Recently, the two systems decided not to get along and simply removing the KARR part seems to have fixed the glitch.

Hopefully this information can help someone else in a similar position.