General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger and rear windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kongfish
Ok question for anyone that might know the answer to this problem
My 07 Accord has this same issue where the 3 windows aren't working, but the drivers window is working, issue. The clicking that I hear coming from the nonworking windows indicates to me that there is power going to the three window switches,(here's where I step back and start scratching my head) could someone explain to me what is or is not happening that is causing this issue? Being a bit old school,
I am used to:
1.) Got Power✔
2.) Got good contact✔
3.) Got functioning power windows✔
Is there a fix I can do to whatever has failed, or blown ?
You may or may not be receiving power to those switches.

The symptoms of the front passenger window and rear windows not working usually points toward the door multiplex control unit.

Did you do the simple test of attaching a wire to cavity 3 (Wht/Grn wire) of the 23-P connector, turning on the ignition, and then grounding that wire (post # 3 above)?

For the front passenger window and rear windows to work, they need to receive voltage coming via the power window relay (a relay is basically a type of switch). The power window relay is a normally-open type relay. If the door multiplex control unit sends a ground signal via the Wht/Grn wire to the power window relay, the relay will close, which allow voltage to fuses, 24, 25, and 26.

The left rear window switch receives voltage through fuse 24, the right rear window switch receives voltage through fuse 25, and the right front window switch receives voltage through fuse 26. By attaching a wire to cavity 3 (where the Wht/Grn wire is) and grounding it, the power window relay closes, which then allow voltage to the front passenger switch and rear window switches.

The driver’s door window switch does not receive voltage through that power window relay.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger and rear windows not working-door-multiplex-control-unit.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 07-10-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM

RedBull,
Thanks for the 411 on that. Is there away to fix this problem? Should I even bother checking the relay to see if it might have went bad? Is there a fix for this issue that I can do using a micro soldiering? Where is the relay located if It is worth checking?
Thanks Kongfish

Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

The power window relay is located in the driver's side underdash relay/fuse box. The relay probably is okay. If you ground the Wht/Grn wire at the 23-P connector for the driver's door multiplex control unit and the windows all work, then that means the relay is probably okay (i.e., the relay closed).

It probably is a problem with the driver's door multiplex control unit if that happens. No one has shown any fix to the door multiplex control unit, other than replacing it.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Redbull,
Where can I find the part number for my exact car, i have a 2007 Honda Accord SE V6 (4 door Sedan) i see the multiplex master switch part for sale, but i think the SE part is different than the others models.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Check at online dealers like Bernardi Honda Parts, Honda Parts Now, Majestic Honda, etc. You can also enter your VIN at sites like Bernardi to help with the parts lookup. Compare the estimated shipping costs too when comparing the online dealers' parts costs.

So far, the part number for your SE V6 looks like 35754-SDA-405; but, you should verify with your info.

Before replacing the part, try the test I mentioned.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM

Redbull-1
I checked the fuses all good, the relay is good, I guess the issue is on the circuit board. I wish I had a diagram of that board. There has to a resistor blown. Well now' that I think about it a minute no I don't. I don't have all the specialty equipment needed to pull it if i did find it. I guess if I were to permanently ground that 23-p wire to the body it would cause wiring problems down the road i probably don't want, huh?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

If you permanently grounded that wire, it may cause some issues not intended when the Honda engineers designed it. Supposedly, the multiplex integrated control system have wake and sleep modes for certain purposes such as to prevent parasitic drain and possibly for other purposes. There also is communication/sharing of information between various control units, etc. in the system; so, I wouldn't know how those may be affected.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 AM

hi redbull
im bassam and i have this problem(Passenger and rear windows not working-honda accord 2006) and i dont have money to purchase anew unit could u plz explain e picture how to permanently ground that 23-p wire untill
i had the cash to buy new one.
thankx and best regard

Old 10-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Using the picture I posted in post #3, at the 23-P connector for the door multiplex control unit, attach a wire from cavity 2 (Blk) to cavity 3 (where the WHT/GRN wire is), then plug it back in.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

If that doesn't work, attach a wire from cavity 1 (Blk) to cavity 3 (Wht/Grn).

Both cavity 1 (Blk) and 2 (Blk) are ground wires.

Quick Reply: Passenger and rear windows not working