General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures / how much $?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Default Pictures / how much $?

I was rear ended rear ended last week and am awaiting a return call from the insurance agent of the liable truck that hit me. My car is a 2000 honda accord ex vtec 4 cylinder with 92000 miles on it. It was in excellent condition which kbb values at about $7000. In the last month i've put well over $1000 worth of audio equipment in it (dvd head unit, nav, new speakers, subwoofer, speaker amplifier, sub amplifier). The two amps are mounted to the sub box in the trunk which i noticed was knocked over after i was hit. I'm asking if anybody who knows about insurance companies or cars could look at the pictures i posted and let me know how much damage there is. It looks like the bumper frame is bent, and who knows if my amps and sub still works. What should I expect to hear from the liable insurance company? Whats the best way to go about dealing with them so I get fair compensation? Totaled or not? A tanker truck carrying milk to a cheese factory hit an suv behind me which hit me when traffic slowed down in a construction zone on the highway. So im dealing with an commercial agriculture insurance rep from nationwide.

Pictures:

View image: honda2 - my car
View image: honda1 - my car
View image: suv front - suv that hit me
View image: suv rear - suv that got hit
View image: truck - truck that hit suv

ive been working on this car daily for the past month.. 3 to 4 hours a day making the interior extremely nice.. replaced all interior lights with leds, rear view camera, dvd nav head unit, new speakers, amps, wired everything nicely, did this for my bionic..

My car dock hack. HDMI out to car audio/video (webtop/mirror/netflix)

I would like to get as much $$ as possible without committing insurance fraud, i loved my car!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

my guess is that the car will be totaled.

You will have to find out if the amps, etc... would be covered by the insurance company.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM

If we forget about the audio/electrical stuff, how much do you think I'll receive from the insurance company. I would prefer to just buy a new accord of the same model year miles and condition and take all my upgrades out of the wrecked one and put them in the new one as I don't mind doing the work. Just want fair compensation, not trying to commit insurance fraud

Old 08-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

I really don't know. I would only be guessing what an insurance company would pay for a totaled vehicle. You can call your insurance agent to find out what the car would be worth if totaled.