General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plastic Bumper Damaged - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Default Plastic Bumper Damaged - HELP

I ran over some garbage on the street and was unable to avoid it...so the plastic from the front of the car bumper got damaged, its near the wheels. but its the whole bumper, its almost cut in half.

Should I call my insurance company?
My friend works on fixing stuff like this? Or should I just buy the parts and let him fix it?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Plastic Bumper Damaged - HELP

ORIGINAL: Accord Owner

I ran over some garbage on the street and was unable to avoid it...so the plastic from the front of the car bumper got damaged, its near the wheels. but its the whole bumper, its almost cut in half.

My friend works on fixing stuff like this? Or should I just buy the parts and let him fix it?
it can be quite costly to buy a whole new front bumper and have it painted, I would either live with the damage, or try and repair the one that is already on their.

As for the insurance claim, it really depends on your coverage, if you are say 16 and only have liability then dont bother cause they wont give you a dime, but your rates will skyrocket.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

check out the junk yards

Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

it can be quite costly to buy a whole new front bumper and have it painted, I would either live with the damage, or try and repair the one that is already on their.

As for the insurance claim, it really depends on your coverage, if you are say 16 and only have liability then dont bother cause they wont give you a dime, but your rates will skyrocket.
What do you mean 16? I have full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage. both $500 deductible.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM

$97 for the Front Bumper and not sure about labor yet, trying to find out.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

What do you mean 16? I have full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage. both $500 deductible.
i meant 16 years old.

paint can be pretty expensive to have a auto body do it. If you are not a perfectionist i would have napa color match some paint for you and paint it yourself.

my friend did this to his front bumper and you cant even tell.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

We can't tell how old you are or what your driving record looks like.

A 16 yr old who already has an accident on their record & who knows how to use a wrench & screwdriver? Fix it yourself so your insurance premiums don't go up.

40 yrs old with a clean record? Don't want to bother fixing it yourself?

Any situation in between you'll have to decide. We can help you learn how to fix it yourself, but we can't make that decision.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM

i meant 16 years old.

paint can be pretty expensive to have a auto body do it. If you are not a perfectionist i would have napa color match some paint for you and paint it yourself.

my friend did this to his front bumper and you cant even tell.
Well I am taking it to a body shop. If it costs me over $500 then I should be covered right with my insurance company? I am 29 and have a good term long relationship with my Insurance company with a flawless record.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM

I just bought this car little over 3 months ago. its a 2005 Honda. I am very sad and stressed.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Hello My Friend...I've moved this to the correct forum...Please Look where you are posting your posts next time..
Thank You..
WheelBrokerAng

Quick Reply: Plastic Bumper Damaged - HELP