General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power band issue & over heating issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

The code 22 is the one I would focus on first. Go to the Online Manuals thread in the DIY section and one of the links will have a 94 shop manual with specific testing instructions. In the fuel/emissions section, you will have the testing for a code 22.

Code 43 is a somewhat generic fuel supply system and can pop up for several different reasons.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

As for the fan motor, if you are not getting voltage to the connector, check the relay and the fuses.

While testing the vtec, look around it to be sure that is not the souce of an oil leak.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
While testing the vtec, look around it to be sure that is not the souce of an oil leak.

Testing the vtec?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, at this point, I am going to attempt to "return" the car. Since the dealer still has the title, and I still have my trade in and the title for it, I feel like I have the upper hand. He only disclosed the brake issue. Nothing else. And I am PISSED!!!!!

This is ridiculous!

If I end up stuck with it, I'll immediately being diagnosing further.. At this point, I will have to invest more money into the car than it's actually worth. I am not happy with that at all.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM

i know what you mean.

i bought mine 2 months ago and have had to completely rebuild the front suspension
(uca's, lca's, radius rods/traction bars, sway bar end links, inner and outer tie rods, lower ball joints, passenger wheel bearing, new tires)

thats just the suspension minus a few performance enhancements

full engine tune up including new distributor.

still have not got to water pump and timing and balance belts...

goodluck with the return. try and stick with a accord. really great cars if you take care of them.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, I highly doubt I can return it, but I sure am going to shaft this guy with my trade in. My dads got a Taurus wagon about the same year. His needs parts. I'm just going to take the parts my dad's car needs or possibly needs and not put anything back on.
I'm sorry Harrison, the car was running when you came to look at it, I don't know what happened to it?! Guess maybe I shouldn't leave my car unlocked all the time huh? LMAO

Anyways, here is a few questions about engine swapping.

1.)How can I find out exactly which engine my car is currently running?

2.) How can I find out which other power plants my car can house comfortably?

3.) Any ideas where I can actually get one?

4.) Any suggestions?

5.) Would a V6 out of an accord fit?

6.) Generally speaking, most parts from the 2.2L VTec are compatable with other engines?

7.) Anyone local to the NJ area maybe have one laying around they would like to let go of? (Salem County NJ, Philadelphia PA and surrounding area, Delaware Memorial Bridge (preferably not more than 30-45 minutes from NJ))

Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

"zz"-first things first, last time I'm going back to the first post to find out/remember what car you have....so add your car info to your sig and show your sig in every post.

1. Is it stock? look for the "stamp" on the engine.

2.Search?

3. Search?

4. Search?

5. No.

6. Depends

7. not from there, can't help.

Last why give up on what you have

Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Newest Of Newbies

poorman - Why give up? Because I was cheated when I bought the car. They hid a lot of issues. "Covered Up" so to speak. They didn't disclose a lot of the problems to me, and without a long distance test drive you would have never known. I got "juiced"... I am probably going to get stuck with it. Oh well....

Anyways, Where would I be able to find the stamp?

How would I know if it is the correct engine for the vehicle? (stock)

As far as which ones fit, I figured maybe someone on this forum may have had a "quick" answer for me, I'm aware I should research myself...

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Cioffi's Towing had me pulling doubles, I haven't really been home, been sleeping at the office mostly. Ughhhhh been a long week!!!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Also, the CEL code "22", could that be caused from being ohhhh I don't know about 3.5 FREAKIN QUARTS low on oil? (Last time I let my lady drive my car while I'm working.)

Old 06-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

The code 22 could be caused by low oil. Add oil unit the dipstick reads full. Keep a close eye on your oil level. How long did it take for the engine oil to get low?

Clean all oil off the engine block. Take notice where oil has accumulated. Oil will not run up an engine block, so let us know where the highest point you find oil.

Here are the common places to look for oil leaks. The distributor (look in the distributor cap), the valve cover, from behind the timing belt cover, the oil filter, the oil pan drain bolt, the oil pressure sending unit (way above the oil filter), and the vtec assembly.

The engine code is stamped on the engine near where it meets the transmission. It is to towards the left (pass. side) of the front motor mount. It should say F22B1....

The F22B1 engine was the first accord with Vtec. Vtec is operated by the oil pressure. When your car hits a certain RPM, a solenoid valve opens and the oil pressure pushes a pin to lock a separate rocker arm. This just changes how long the intake valves are open. It gives you more HP at higher rpm and can also be set up to improve emissions. Google nc800hkqY2M for a good description on Vtec.

A v6 will not fit into your car. The V6 is on a different chassis.

Last edited by PAhonda; 06-14-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Power band issue & over heating issue?