General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Cluster Window Problem

Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Default Power Cluster Window Problem

Alright ive been reading around this forum and have been searchin,g my problem all morning. ive found quite a few threads where ppl have had the same problem as me but i am yet to find a solution to the problems itself.

So this is whats goin on:
I have a 91' Honda Accord that has been pretty well maintained. The previous owner dropped it ridiculously low to the ground for no apparent reason seeing as how he didnt do anything else to the car. It has been running well since i bought it, replaced the struts on it. So i wasnt used to driving a car that low to the ground and its taken a couple bumps in the past but hasnt really been driven that hard.

Yesterdy when i was driving my car i noticed that my Tach and Spedometer werent working and neither was my heat gauge so im assuming my cluster went out. Along with all that my stereo went out and my seatbelts stopped working And all four of my windows wont roll up. This is a big problem because i live in a somewhat shady part of town and it has been randomly pouring rain the past couple weeks.

I have checked all my fuses under the hood and under the dash. i had a couple fuses that had blown under my hood and i replaced them. one was the Radio (back up) fuse and i dont remember what the other two were abut i could go check if its pertinent info. that didnt fix anything. I also switched the cooling fan relay and the window relay and nothing happened.

I really dont care about my Tach and Sped working or heat gauge i can fix that at a later date. i need to make sure my Radiator fan is working thogh because its hot as f*** down here.

I NEED my windows to roll up though. i suck at electrical issues and im not sure where to go from here. After looking all morning i havent been able to find resolution to these problems. Even though there is a bunch of threads on this i have to make a new one in hopes of getting this resolved today.
THANKS

Old 08-19-2013, 05:52 PM

and its raining...

Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re-check the fuses.

Several of the items such as the gauges, seat belt, etc. sounds like the No. 1 (10A) fuse located in the under dash fuse box is blown. For the radio, check the No. 11 (10A) fuse in the dash fuse box.

For the power windows, power may not be coming from the integrated control unit to the power window relay. Check the No. 22 (15A) fuse located in the under-hood fuse box. While you're there, take a look at the No. 30, 32, 33 and No. 34 fuses (all 20A).

Let me know what you find.

Attached Thumbnails Power Cluster Window Problem-dash-fuse-box.jpg   Power Cluster Window Problem-underhood-fuse-box.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 08-19-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Also, in the under-dash fuse box, if someone has not already taken them, there are a few spare fuses along the perimeter fuse slots, see my previous fuse box diagram which shows the location of a few spares marked with a black dot.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM

none of the fuses are blown, i checked them earlier and just triple checked them now while there was a lull in the rain. Any other ideas what it might be? i think its too late to fix it tonight as most auto parts places are closing around this time i think but it would be of great help to get it fixed by morning.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

What about the large No. 15 fuse (80A) under the hood?

Attached Thumbnails Power Cluster Window Problem-no-15-fuse.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM

checked that pne earlier too and just ran out and checked it again. That ones good i even checked it with a volt tester earlier to make sure there was a connection on either side.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

You checked the fuses and they look good; but, still all the electrical issues.

Check the ground wire and connection at G402. While this ground isn't used by all the circuits with problems, take a look at it.

Attached Thumbnails Power Cluster Window Problem-ground-g402.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 PM

below right side of dash (kick panel removed) where is that? on the passenger side? And what am i looking for exactly as far as checking the ground?

Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, that would be the passenger side. Check that the ground bolt is tight, no corrosion around the chassis/body and bolt and the ground wires there are intact.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Cluster Window Problem