General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power seat issue help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Default power seat issue help

Have a 1998 Accord EX with leather so it has the 4 switches controlling 4 motors under the drivers seat thought it was the switch spent $57 at dealer no joy. The rear two switches work the forward two do not, so cannot move the forward or back. Need a electrical schematic or some good advice thanks Jon

Last edited by poorman212; 03-05-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: e-mail in the open
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I'm one that does no like to have e-mail addresses in the open, that is why I removed it. Members can PM or e-mail thru the site.

Anyway, something like this? Or do you want the switch test?

Attached Thumbnails power seat issue help-6th-gen-power-seat-dia.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Got your PM. Here is the switch test but I see you tried a new one already, after reading again. If the "slide-front/back" and the "front-up/down" are not working....double check the #4 20amp fuse in the PASS side underdash fuse panel, it is the power to the BLUE wire going into the switch (or B6 on the switch)

Anyway, here is the switch test.

Attached Thumbnails power seat issue help-6th-gen-power-seat-switch-test-8-way.jpg  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM

yes stupid me just spent money when I had an old but good switch know anybody who needs one? Now what? I know the motor for the slide forward works cause I jumped it from the other harness to move seat forward.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
Got your PM. Here is the switch test but I see you tried a new one already, after reading again. If the "slide-front/back" and the "front-up/down" are not working....double check the #4 20amp fuse in the PASS side underdash fuse panel, it is the power to the BLUE wire going into the switch (or B6 on the switch)

Anyway, here is the switch test.
?, what did the BLU wire show.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Default head scratcher

Not sure what you are asking, I conducted the test on the switches both are good. The blu wire is used to slide backward, I jumped the red to the blu/yel and the blu back to ground to move the seat forward so my wife could use the car. The schematic you sent is helpful but not exact for my car the power comes from a 40 amp fuse under the hood not two 20's inside the car.
The power and ground wires come in at B1/B2 and I find no power coming in on the A side, but the only two switches that work are the recline for/back and the rear up/down. It is like the other two are not getting power but the switch test was good.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Yes the #55 40amp under hood then goes to #4 and #2 20amp fuses in the pass side under dash panel but from there.....I asked if the "front" up down works?

If you jumped the red to "the other" side....again I have to ask about power on the INTO the switch. The 8 way adjust seats (we are talking the same here?) get power to the switch on the BLU wire from #4 20amp pass fuse panel....please look at it,

Attached Thumbnails power seat issue help-6th-gen-power-seat-close-up.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

part 2

Attached Thumbnails power seat issue help-6th-gen-power-seat-close-up-pt2.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
double check the #4 20amp fuse in the PASS side underdash fuse panel, it is the power to the BLUE wire going into the switch (or B6 on the switch).
Now I see where we are missing. The BLU wire INTO to switch is what I was talking about......sorry

Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM

No sorry needed you are being very helpful and I'll check everything this weekend if it ever stops raining. I got confused because I saw no access to a fuse panel under the dash on the passenger side, and didn't see one in the Haynes manual I'm using. It looks more like ventilation ducting under there but will remove it hopefully to find a blown fuse. Thanks Jon

Quick Reply: power seat issue help