General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power window relay locations - '92 Accord Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 AM
jfd
Unregistered
Default Power window relay locations - '92 Accord Wagon

Hello,
I have a 1992 Accord Wagon EX. Recently the power windows in the passenger door and the rear doors stopped working. The power window in the drivers door still works. A mechanic told me that there is a relay in the driver's door that controls the passenger and rear door power windows. I took the panel off of the driver's door and did not find a relay, unless, the relay is part of the power window switch cluster. has anyone ever heard anything regarding this. Is there really a relay in the driver's door? If so is it part of the power window switch cluster?
Thanks
jfd

Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Power window relay locations - '92 Accord Wagon

are you sure that you do not have the main switch turned off ?? chk to see i have seen many people make that mistake,,
on the main switch, door panel

Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Default RE: Power window relay locations - '92 Accord Wagon

The only relay is in the Underhood fuse box in the engine compartment. The rest of the system is simply the switches, motors, and wires. Now the drivers door switch box is different since it has swirches for all the windows, but there is no relay in it, other than the control box for the drivers window momentary or continious roll down.

Now based on the wiring, you could have a broken wire in the switch cluster in the drivers side door, since the drivers window is on a slightly different circuit in that cluster than the other three.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Default Same problem with 2007 accord

Driver's power window works fine. Driver's door "window lock" switch "works" - depress it (lock) and nothing happens when I press the other window switches on the driver's door. Release it (unlock) and there is a 'click' noise when I press the other window switches on the driver's door. Pressing window switches on other doors act the same way --- driver's window lock switch set to 'lock' and press window switch on other door and no sound - no nuthin'. Driver's window lock switch set to 'unlock' and I hear a click when I press the window switch on any other door.

SO
It is not a bad window lock switch.
It is not a bad relay - there seems to be only one power relay for ALL the windows. Relays are operating at the 3 other doors.

What could the problem be?