General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure control solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Default Pressure control solenoid

Had Honda look at my 2003 accord v6 because I suspected one of my transmission solenoids to be misfiring, and after looking at it they determined it was the pressure control solenoid B. She said I need a whole new transmission, which I expected her to say, and upon asking why she stated it was 'recommended' because of the high mileage (150k) which I quickly dismissed because I was quoted 4 grand, which seemed extreme for a problem I'm not sure needs attending at this moment in time. The transmission works fine for 10 minutes before slipping so I figure I replace the solenoid and maybe it magically fixes the problem, any thoughts? Any advice or maybe a quick quote at the price I'm looking at for this part would be appreciated. The knock sensor wire harness is also gone, think that might be contributing? Thanks

Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

There are sites that sell OEM Honda parts like hondapartsnow.com, majestic honda, and many others.

Was your car giving you an error code, or did they give you a part number?

I would suspect the part to be less than $100.

Also, how did the knock sensor wiring disappear?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM

The car wasnt throwing a code, besides the knock sensor, but I suspect since I could drive 10 minutes before problems, then turn the car off and back on and it work another 10 minutes, the computer was resetting when the code was trying to be read. They just told me it was my pressure control solenoid B, found the part number (28500-p6h-013) and I'm looking at about 30 bucks the part. And as far as the wire, consensus view on the forums is "rodent chew" which the damage was consistent with rodent damage but I remain skeptical. But hoping replacing the solenoid and re[lacing the trans filter will clear my problem up, praying the tranny isnt just shot.