General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud new owner!!!! Need a little assistance though

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Talking Proud new owner!!!! Need a little assistance though

Hi guys,

New member to HondaAccordForum. And a proud owner of a 2003 2.0 Excutive Saloon with Grey. 77k miles FSH. Bought 2 days ago.
Very chuffed with the car and the quality that it brings. I don't think i've ever heard such a quieter engine in my LIFE. Have to rev the engine so many times just to check if its still on at the lights.

Very smooth drive and comfortable. Really happy with it. Wish to contribute loads to the forum and plan to keep the car for a little while because of its reliability.

Only problem that's got me worried is that the management light came on just yesterday after a short drive and hasn't gone off... the car jerked as if it went into limp mode and just didn't have any power at all. Fortunately i pulled over straight away... revved it but it wouldn't rev past 3000rpm. Switched it off and was fine after that. Management light is still on.
I'm hoping this isn't something really bad and just another "common problem" that every car always seem to have.

Hoping someone could assist and shed some light on the situation for me. Not an ideal start to Accord ownership but the car is just amazing in every other way.

Hoping to get some pictures up soon after a good detail over the weekend. Weather seems to be looking okay.

Last edited by B7RSX; 08-10-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Best clue is to get the codes stored in ECM. Go to Autozone, et al and they will download the code/s. Write them down. They should be Pnnnn, eg P1234.

Post your codes for further help.

good luck