General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Pulled Wrong Fuse, Now Car Won't Start

Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Exclamation Pulled Wrong Fuse, Now Car Won't Start

I have a 2004 Accord Couple EX v6.

I made a dumb error when I was trying to pull my radio fuse earlier: I first pulled #23 (IGP) which was then reinserted. I then correctly pulled #5 (Radio), but incredibly stupidly placed it into a blank #3 slot (10A Day Light). I then turned the car on, but all of my electrical systems are acting like they were dead. Very faint light on the dashboard, flashing notification lights, and a ticking sound seemingly coming from the interior fuse box.

I realized the radio fuse was in the wrong slot, pulled it from #3, and put it back in #5. When I put the key in "Accessory" position, it allowed me to enter my radio code with no problem. Upon turning the key to "On" the radio went black and the dashboard lights flicker and the quick succession ticking returned. The car would not start and makes no noise when turning the ignition. Power seems to be gone on all systems. My passenger side window was down, and the sun roof open. They will not close and it's beginning to rain.

I have tried removing the battery terminals and waiting about 2-3 min before putting them back on to "reset" the car. This allowed me to do the radio code in the "acc" position again, but once moved to "On" the dashboard continues to be dim and the car will not start.

I have checked every fuse for any damage and all fuses seem to be fine. I have even tried replacing the 7.5 #23 IGP fuse with the spare in the engine box.

Please, any suggestions would be incredibly valuable. I do not have an OBD2 reader so I can't check the computer. Thank you!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Just me but it sounds like a bad battery connection?