General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

puta puta puta puta puta

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default puta puta puta puta puta

so just got a 96 accord LX I4 and for some reason whenever im going 50+ mph the engine makes this puta puta puta puta puta sound. it also happens when i let off the gas all the way going 30+ mph.
Is this normal? My original thought was a problem with the exhaust, but it sounds more like its coming from the engine.
So am i just paranoid, or is this an actual problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

again, a 96 accord LX F22B2 w/ 88k

Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: puta puta puta puta puta

I don't really understand what the sound is that you are trying to track but I would check your oil, plugs, and make sure the wires are on so it's not a miss of some sort.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM

well i actually found the problem, i guess the axel boot is cracked.
I read a sticky that said something about that, however it said that you get that sound when you turn sharply, wheras ive always gotten in when im going fast or slowing down w/o the brakes.
Basically my car was in the shop to get the timing belt and water pump replaced, and they listed off all of these things that were wrong with it, and one was the axel boot, so problem solved.
Argh, though, it needs a new oil pan gasket, power steering pump, axel, and new plugs/valve seat gasket(s).
thanks anyway.
So basically im having the dealer fix the axel boot and plugs/valve seat gaskets because one is critical (axel) and one is cheap (plugs/valve seat gasket), but the oil pan gasket i can replace and the power steering pump i can do myself.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 PM

Glad to hear they found a solution. Sorry I couldn't be more help but troubleshooting a noise over the internet is one of the most difficult things to do...

Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM

completely understandable, im just glad someone replied.