General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain set off Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Default Rain set off Check engine light

Hi guys

So, I'm trying to figure out what the heck happened to my car this morning. It was a really rainy day, but not the first one.

When I fired up the car today, the CE light came on, I got a scanner, pulled the codes and I got

P2183
P0111

coolant temp sensor and MAF from what I was able to find out, can anyone verify this?

I reset the codes, and they have not come back yet, so I'm thinking it was just water that got in somewhere where it should not have, has anyone seen something like this?

The temp gauge was all funky too, bouncing a bit up and down around the half mark.

If the codes come back, I'll have to look at replacing the sensors, but I hear something about a software upgrade or something.

Oh my Accord is the 2.4L one, not the V6.

Thanks

xp

Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 AM
CASCIO
Unregistered
Default check engine light

Thats exactly what happen, the moiste just got into the harness or connectors some where. I have seen it quite often actauly. The light likly wont come back on

Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 AM

I guess these new age electronics don't tolerate things like moisture very well, looks like it's time to get the old dielectric grease out and make sure this does not happen again.

xp