General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear sag

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Default Rear sag

Hi everyone. I moved out of my dorm yesterday and had quite a bit in the trunk and backseat. I noticed when I was about to head home that the rear was much, much lower than usual. It looked uncomfortable to me but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

Now that I have everything out of my car, the rear is still noticeably lower than before moving. (but rose once the stuff was taken out)

I drive modestly, I never have anything in my car, ever, and the rear used to be a few inches higher looking than the front. They look about even now.

Do I have problems with my springs? Is there a way to take it in somewhere and just have them tighten or adjust them so it rides at the same height as before the move? Would tire pressure make a difference - and could that be affected in the move?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I guess this would be useful: 2002 Accord EX Sedan 113k

Old 05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

The stock springs can not be adjusted. Now if you had aftermarket coil-over setup, then you can adjust the height.

check to see if your springs are cracked