General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Motor and trans for first time

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by poorman212
Look into the pink wire from/into the CC unit.....on the manual it goes one place (pedal switch), on the auto it goes somewhere else (gear selector)...

Now the part numbers on the CC unit are different but the only thing I see different in the testing is the Pink.....more reading of wire diagrams needed. Let you know what I find.....

EDIT: Oh, wait, lets think about this. If you leave the old auto gear selector in there (in park so the starter works) the pink wire on the CC unit never "sees" the ground as if it was in D....humm if you grounded the pink wire directly to the cc unit..but then the CC would not come off when the clutch is pushed in...again, more reading needed....sorry, random first thought

EDIT2: The CC unit that is different is the box/control unit above the fuse panel....does the "shell" you bought have it...snag it and hang on to it.

The shell I bought does not have CC, it is a base model without power windows even.

Here is what I do not understand, if I ground out the pink wire the CC should be able to come on as it now thinks the car is no longer in park, why then wont the CC turn off as soon as the brake pedal is pushed in like it does with the Automatic? I am not changing the brake pedal out (I am just cutting it down to the size of the smaller Manual brake pedal.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

If my theory, just that right now, is correct.

Yes the brake will still work, just the fact that on a stick the clutch will also do the same...but on yours it will not.

Again, I'm still reading thru the diagrams (in my spare time ) trying to be sure what else is in the circuit....the part numbers being different makes me think there is something else involved.....

Old 02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

also an update
I was able to use the factory hard clutch line which saved me some money
Name:  101_3864.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  83.7 KB
Here is the Clutch Master mounted up
Name:  101_3865.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  37.1 KB

What I am dreading is swapping out the brake pedal from the donor car to my car as my plan to cut the factory one down will not work.

I am a big guy 6' abt 280 lbs. Laying on my back under the dash is really hard on me.