General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Replaced factory speakers - help with new issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Default Replaced factory speakers - help with new issues!!

Hi guys,

My friends and I installed a set of infinity kappa speakers in my 2001 accord. All went well, but after the installation was finished and everything put back together there are some new issues with my car that did not exist before the speaker install.

1) The backlight for my clock no longer works
2) the SRS light is now on
3) my passenger side power window makes a disturbing rubbing sound when it is opened.
4) my drivers side door makes a breif thumping sound when the window is almost all the way down.

I'm hoping that the clock backlight and SRS light are fuse issues that can be fixed easily.

I don't know what is going on with my power windows. My friend mentioned it might be the wire input for the speakers, which they did not tape to the door when they installed them. He said the window may be rubbing up against it. That may be the case for the drivers side window, which seems to make the noise when it reaches to where the speaker is, but for my passenger window, it makes the loud rubbing noise immediately whenever the window is opened, even when it seems to be far from the speaker area of the door.

any help!?

Thank you

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Did you just replace the door speakers, or the ones in the dash?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 PM

just the door speakers, but we had to pull out the center console and unplug all those wires connected to the radio unit, clock, ac, etc.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

You may have not installed the door panels properly and that is why you have the sound on both sides of the windows. You have to make sure the rubber piece on top of the door panel slides between the window and the door frame (if that makes sense) while sliding it over the door lock.

Just by pulling the console, you could have enough vibration that you broke the filament of the back-light bulb. The other thing is that you may have pinched or damaged the wiring to the clock when pulling the center console.

There is a youtube video on how to replace the bulb. Search How to Replace 1998-2002 Honda Accord Clock illumination bulb.

Before buying the clock bulb, remove the clock as shown in the video. Check that you have 12V between the red/blk wire and the blk wire on the electrical connector when you turn on the headlights. If you have 12V, replace the bulb. If no voltage, pull the console and see if you pinched/damaged any wires.