General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sawy bar links/bushings for 93 accord?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Sawy bar links/bushings for 93 accord?

I have a 1993 Accord, 2.2L 4dr. auto LX.
I have searched these posts for info on replacing the sway bar links (mine are gone on one side and rusted bad on the other - so will replace both).
Can anyone help me ID the set that will work for this car?
I went to Honda, 13 individual parts and about $130 for both sides.
O' rielly has sets that run from 10-20 for each side, but don't seem to have all the parts the honda set has (usually the spacers are not included).
Looked on rockauto as well.
If you have done this job, and know what will work and what won't - please share the p/n and mfg (moog, etc) so I can get the right one. This is a bone stock car.
Any tricks on doing the sway bar bushings would be great as well. I think I'm just going to cut the links off instaed of wrestling with the rusted bolts.
I think Tony1 had a post about this and found that some mfg parts were crap, but he ended up using a set that worked.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

I think that all of the $10-20 sets from the parts store are all about the same quality. The rubber bushings do crack over time.

The Mevotech ones at rock-auto look to be made of different material and may be worth a shot. They are only $9 per side.

Replacing them is pretty simple. I would try unbolting them instead of cutting, because it may be quicker. You will have to use two wrenches (one on top and on the bottom).

I did mine with the car on the ground. I used my jack to lift the sway-bar at the end to align everything and push the bolt through the hole in the sway bar so I could start threading the nut.