General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seat Belt Alarm!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Slystallonefan
Unregistered
Default Seat Belt Alarm!!!!

Hey guys. I'm new here but I was really happy to find out about this forum
Anyways, I just bought a new 2006 Honda Accord Coupe. I like the car a lot but the only thing that was so annoying to me is the seat belt alarm. If you do not wear your seat belt it keeps beeping all the time. Was wondering if there is anyway to stop it? and whats worse is if you have someone sitting in the pasenger seat it will still keep on beeping till the pasenger puts the seat belt as well. Any thought or comments will be appreciated thanks you ..

Old 04-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Default RE: Seat Belt Alarm!!!!

The way to stop it is to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE

Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Administrator

And I second that EMOTION...
WheelBrokerAng....It's The Law...
ORIGINAL: accorddriverc

The way to stop it is to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE

Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Ohh...And also...
Thank You for joining up in the forums..we are a very Safety Concious Forum ..so I'm gonna Imagine that all of our members are gonna ask you to Wear Your Seat Belts..

You will have a good time in here I promise...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=smiley10.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 01:16 PM

My question would simply be why do you want to turn it off? Is there some reason other than the fact that you don't like to wear them? As was stated saftey is a large concern here but if it's for some reason other than your lack of wanting to wear one you may get an answer...

Old 04-21-2006, 02:23 AM

You could always just hook the seatbelt up BEHIND you.
That way, you're not wearing it, but you won't get the beep.

Best bet, just wear the damn thing.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

with your new honda. as long as your wear your seatbelt...........an accident would have to be extremely severe for you to die, whereas if you wont wear your seltbelt you could easily die or worse yet be mangled so bad that you still live, but your life is completely changed for the worse because you can walk or see, or breathe on your own.

its cool to wear your seltbelt

Old 04-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I agree with everyone on the wearing the seat belt part, but what you really need to worry about is the airbag, not the seat belt ^_-

Old 04-22-2006, 12:24 PM

Well it's a two wire sensor that is inside the clip. On all our ford work trucks, I disabled the alarm because we are just doing stop and go work and under 25 MPH, so I only wear the seat belt when I leave the boundaries of the private community. It's easy enough to cut the wires and spliced them together with wire taps, that way I can just cut the wire between them and be back to stock function.

I do, like many others discourage disabling the sensor for that and just putting your seatbelt on. You'll know why when you get in an accident and that loaded weapon in front of you goes off at 300+ MPH. Same goes for cars with the automatic shoulder belts. WEAR those lap belts!

Just as an example, my step dad opted not to wear the lapbelt one night, went off the road at 45, airbag stopped his face.. but his knees went right into the dash and his legs got hurt pretty bad.

Brendan.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Slystallonefan
Unregistered

Guys thank you so much for all the wonderful replys. I do wear my seat belt. But it still will beep if someone sitting next to you and they dont want to put on their seat belt. So that was my main point. I would tell someone to wear the seat belt but if they dont want to then thats their problem. But the thing will keep on beeping alllllll the time...

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Alarm!!!!