General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat swap between different model years

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Default Seat swap between different model years

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I would like to sincerely thank each and everyone who reads this post for their time.

I have done lot of research on Honda Accord DRIVER seats. I am 6'1" with long legs broad shoulders but not big or muscular..
my problem is I want to buy Accord but I want a diff seating ..

1999-2002 seats are THE VERY BEST Honda ever made but messed up auto transmission ..especially the coupe seats are like lazy boy recliner in a sports sedan..

2003-2008 seats are okay fixed the transmissions too ..BUT LACK LUMBAR SUPPORT..

2008-2012 worst probably the cheapest interiors Honda ABOVE ALL i am NEVER comfortable in those seats car itself runs for ever though..

2013 - current model year seats lack full back support but are better than previous generation.its crazy the new civic , fit or the CRV's have brother have great driver seats but for Accord .. upper back support is lacking in the current gen..

So my plan is to buy a 2014 Honda Accord and swap the cushions or seats (which ever is easier) From either 2002 or 2007 model year..

Can I just swap the seats out ? If I Forget about the dash lights and heating
Or can I just change the cushions ..I do not care for color mismatch ..

I am trying to get info on the seat rails sizes , feasibility of this project ..

I do not need seat warmers , nor let's say the seat airbags too..

As long as my back is happy I am happy.. I only care how comfortable my back is ..

Please advice and thanks again for the time ..

Old 01-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by xytiz
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I would like to sincerely thank each and everyone who reads this post for their time.

I have done lot of research on Honda Accord DRIVER seats. I am 6'1" with long legs broad shoulders but not big or muscular..
my problem is I want to buy Accord but I want a diff seating ..

1999-2002 seats are THE VERY BEST Honda ever made but messed up auto transmission ..especially the coupe seats are like lazy boy recliner in a sports sedan..

So my plan is to buy a 2014 Honda Accord and swap the cushions or seats (which ever is easier) From either 2002 or 2007 model year..

Can I just swap the seats out ? I do not need seat warmers , nor let's say the seat airbags too..

As long as my back is happy I am happy.. I only care how comfortable my back is ..

Please advice and thanks again for the time ..
I find your comment funny about the 98-02 seats being the best, as I've got a 97 and a 99, and the front seats in my 97 are more comfortable than those in my 99. I'm actually looking at swapping the drivers seats between the 2, as I prefer the 97 drivers seat over the 99's seat. I believe the 97 seat is a copy of Recaro seats (maybe). However, I'm a lot shorter than you at 5'7'', so I have a problem with getting comfortable in the car and the seat, while still working all of the controls. I've also been known to sell a car or 3 because I just couldn't get comfortable in long drives with it. So, I'm pretty picky about seating too.
To be honest, I'm not sure how the "seat air bags" work, or how they're attached. But seat heaters would go in under the cushion (I believe), so that wouldn't be too hard of a swap. I guess what you might want to do, is get the seat you want to use, then see about getting some measurements off it, and figure out what items you want to keep from it (some of those seats have power controls, and electric seat heaters according to the FSM). You could look for a FSM for a 2013 on, and see how the factory seats are set up (it might give you an idea of what you want to keep before you swap them). Once you have both the seats you want, and the car you want, then it's just a matter of doing some measuring, and either fab some tabs, or swap the seat tracks, and bolt them in.
As for seat color, you can either use aftermarket seat covers, or contact someone like TMI or SewFine for new seat covers that match the interior of the car you want.
I hope this helps.