General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Shuddering to a slow stop

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Exclamation Shuddering to a slow stop

Hello,

I have a manual 98 accord 4cyl that for about 3-4 weeks now has been shuddering through shift changes, sometimes it would go away on its own and other times I would have to recycle through the same gear. A while ago I had my emissions done and an error code came up about my fuel line or fuel leak cant remember exactly which code it is. Cant find my book to see which one i circled out. But anyway the light went off and I thought it may have been an error, but a couple of days ago like usual it shuddered but this time it slowly came to a stop in the middle of the road I attempted to down shift to see if that would help but it revved up and continued to slow til it stopped tried to restart but it wouldn't hold the ignition. Towed to my residence I'm trying to find what the cause is so I can have it repaired.... Any ideas?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome newbie!
First thing, read the post titled "WHERE TO POST".

This section is for welcome & introductions, not real good for getting answers to actual technical questions. I'm gonna move this over to General Tech.

It's a little hard to figure out exactly what you're describing.

First I thought you were talking about warped brakes, but reading the post doesn't sound like that.

Shuddering as you engage the clutch?
Engine runs smoothly but clutch transmits power in an uneven way?

Or does the engine misfire so it's shaking even when the clutch is completely engaged?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM

Thank you I had no idea where to create my question so thank you for moving it to a better place. The shuddering happens after the clutch has been released and in that gear.