General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side airbag light came on while driveing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 AM
iuseyew
Unregistered
Default Side airbag light came on while driveing...

i just bought my 2001 accord ex vtev 4cl with 56k on it the owner took care of it and has decent records he however is not the type to do any extra work on it or preventave.. just from my observations dusty under the hood as well.. anyways to my point i took my first 160 mile trip and during the drive back home i see the side airbag light come on then go off out of the corner of my eye i dont know why it also did it one more time does this mean anything? i have yet to get my manual for this car.. i just lost my beloved 95 integra Ls so im just getting things going with this car. i was a big Team-integra.net user but i think i found my new home thnx for all the help in advance!! ill be taking this to the dealer to see what they say about it also!!

Old 05-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Side airbag light came on while driveing...

you can make sure that the connection is secure,, under the seat there is a plug, ( 2P) just make sure it is properly plugged in...
if it is .. take it to dealer ,, it might be all under warranty..

Old 05-14-2006, 09:55 AM

It may have been perfectly normal. The control unit will turn on the side airbag light to let you know the side airbag has been disabled. It may just think someone is sitting in an unsafe possition.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 AM

^^^^ You know I noticed that the other day. I was sitting and applying pressure to the side of the passenger seat and my fiance noticed that he Airbag light came on. As soon as I moved it went off, I was then able to duplicate it again by pressing on the seat in the same place again. I figured it was some type of sensor that noticed the extra pressure, now I'm glad to hear I was correct.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: brad6841

^^^^ You know I noticed that the other day. I was sitting and applying pressure to the side of the passenger seat and my fiance noticed that he Airbag light came on. As soon as I moved it went off, I was then able to duplicate it again by pressing on the seat in the same place again. I figured it was some type of sensor that noticed the extra pressure, now I'm glad to hear I was correct.
Yea, the seatback sensor helps the system determine the size and possition of the passenger.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

AhhhhhYessss. The technology of modern measurements in the automotive world, without all of these sensors on our cars we would have notin better to do than Drive our Rides and enjoy them...ahhh yesss...Modern Science.

WheelBrokerAng