General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

solution for erratic idleing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Post solution for erratic idleing

I've been having a problem with my idle fluctuating up then down during warm up,i've been told its my IAC valve FIT valve an so on,i was playn with "HER" like usual and i took the cover off the FIT valve and held my finger over the valve seat and noticed that the white cap holding the valve in place is a screw cap.
so i took a shot at tightening down the white cap that holds the valve in place,once it was tighten down i reversed a 1/4 turn then i replaced the cover and started "HER" up,when she started up i noticed the idle wasent fluctuating in fact the idle was to low,so i then turned my attention to the IAC valve,
on the IAC valve it has an adjustment screw(alen wrench type screw)so i adjusted it until i had normal idle!
I have had "HER" 4 months now and until now i havent heard "HER" sound so calm,as i was rubbing my head from hitting it on the hood being so surprised the way she sounds i also gave myself a pat on the back!
so i thought i would share this with all who have the same problem i "had"
"NOT NO MO"!!!